Monday, April 03, 2006

Music R' Us


It's everywhere. Its in the air and it's all around us.
Music.
I have different music/songs that defines different points in my life.
The furthest I could remember that very first song which i choose to listen to under my own free will(nursery rhymes and the DoReMe songs don't count because they are forced into my system) was probably Bon Jovi's "Never Say Goodbye" in 1986.
From there came many more Bon Jovi's...and it was no turning back when Guns N' Roses pay a visit to my cassette tape player with "Sweet Child O' Mine" in 1987.
That was when music(commercial? hardcore?) entered my lfe. It never did let go, certain songs are stuck with you for a certain period in your life, those defining moments, good memories, sad ones and many more feelings that you would "acquire" in life. When a certain song plays in the air, you stop to listen and recalls the memories that you as a individual have for that song.

Here are a few of what defines some moments for me...

The Nolans/I am in the mood for dancing - Loving couple getting back on track from edge of divorce.
Coldplay/Yellow - Lonely
Bic Runga/Sway - In love
New Order/Bizarre Love Triangle - Party and drunken days
Bob Marley/Turn your lights down low - Military days
Offspring/Living in Chaos - Finding a wife and getting married(chaotic!!)
Bon Jovi/It's My Life!! - The picture above defines it for me.

What are your memories?
What songs reminds you of that special someone, somewhere, special moments, or the wife you are trying to get rid of??
(try ebay if you intend to sell your wife...)

1 comment:

Keevy - 小明® said...

Yo!

How about Summer Rain during partying (aka 'fishing') days as well?

Cheers
Your 'gay' partner